So we've moved house and it was the first time in 8 years that I have had to pack anything.
When we moved to Darwin, the removalists came in, packed everything up and unpacked everything in the new house. They assembled furniture, made beds, filled a vase of flowers and left champagne in the fridge! Worth every cent if you ever decide to move pretty much to the middle of nowhere* without any family or friends surrounding you.
So the time before that, I was in the middle of yet another high risk pregnancy, I came out of hospitalized bed rest to a house with 14 people eagerly awaiting instructions on what to pack into which boxes. That very same day, those very same people unpacked every box and did not leave the new place until it was completely finished!
Actually come to think of it, even the time before that, Paul moved all by himself, well with the help of family and friends again whilst I was in hospital on bed rest with Lachlan! I came out on the Friday and we got married on the Saturday, pretty awesome stuff really!
Ok, getting back to the treasure finding.... I have unearthed some amazing photos, awesome memorabilia but there was one thing that stood out from the rest.
Whilst sorting through our walk in robe, I was packing Paul's stuff, on the top shelf, he had some crap but also some important stuff and I just kept chucking it into boxes.
Neatly folded in the corner was a piece of paper, it had some hand writing on it and upon opening it I realized that it was the speech I had said at our wedding.
And here I was thinking that he was no longer the romantic man as he once was!
Upon questioning him about it he simply said that I didn't need to know everything and that it was clearly there for a reason!
So there you go, he kept my wedding speech, reads it regularly and still believes in it.
*disclaimer, Darwin is in the middle of nowhere and is classed as remote, even though it's a capital city!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
3 comments:
Got tears welling up here....
I miss you both. xx
Oh what a sweet man! They are a funny bunch those husbands.
Oh and how lucky are you?! Moving sucks hey xox
Tears Mel, tears.
Post a Comment