Friday, 30 October 2009

Opening Day!

The EB beginner sewers decided to have another swap. I organised the pattern swap a little while ago and because it was so confusing, I certainly wasn't putting my hand up for this one!


Many thanks to Emma though for organising it for all of us!


The swap item this time was for a stocking filler for Christmas which was a great idea as we are always looking for last minute things for the stockings.


I made 3 items this time, I cant blog them yet as they all have not been received as yet so there will be a post that follows this one and by yesterday I had received all of mine.


I nominated Elisabeth, Ruby and Lucy for gifts as they would be the easiest and honestly, Lachlan isn't as keen on sewn stuff as the girls!


So...


I have always admired Jen's work and was very excited when I saw that one of my items was from her! I opened it before and as all the kids are at school and of course I couldn't wait! LOL! I love it and of course, Ruby will too!


Thank you so much Jen, it is beautifully made and the idea of it being covered in the plastic is awesome! At least this way the beautiful fabric wont be ruined when she spills something on it!





The next item I received was from Jane and not only was it beautifully wrapped in some divine fabric for me but the contents was just gorgeous!
I have never made a crayon roll before and after seeing one before, I am going to start making some for gifts for the kids friends! Lucy is right (or should I say write) into drawing and writing her name, so this is something for her to practice with!












Last but not least was something for Elisabeth and let me just say that there looks like a lot of work has gone into this one! She loves High School Musical and I didn't even know there was fabric for it! LOL! Anyway, it looks like a bag but on the inside was 2 super gifts! One was a fabric covered notebook and the other was a game set that rolled up. One side of the game board was for checkers and the other was for noughts and crosses! On the underside, she had made a little purse which contained all the little pieces as well as the instructions on how to play the game!

So a big thank you to Kyls
for making all the bits and pieces to go with it, I am sure she will have a great time playing with it!





6 comments:

Emma said...

Awesome gifts all of them...Your kids will be stoked..........Love the idea of the plastic on the apron......Love the crayon roll, I have to make some of them.....And what a fantastic idea of the game...Love it all......

Unknown said...

Have to agree with Emma, all awesome gifts, your girls must be so excited. Great fabric choices for all gifts and the plastic on the apron is a fabulous idea!

Anonymous said...

glad to see that Elisabeth liked the game!
The material was a bit tricky to track down, but I was determined to find some since you said she liked HSM! (it came from the same place as the Dora fabric for another lucky little girl!)
I hope she has lots of fun playing the games - there were lots of laughs when DH & I were giving it a test run!

becanne said...

These are all great items! And when you post about what you made please list the pattern for the balls you made for Emma. They are the cutest!

Jennifer said...

I love all the gifts that you got - and the ones that you made. Well done, but wouldnt have expected anything less Mel. I hope Ruby gets lots of use out of the apron!

TheThingsIdTellYou said...

How gorgeous! I don't suppose any of you do aprons? I have a little man here who has become obsessed with helping me in the kitchen, and so badly wants a little boy apron.