The sadness surrounded me.
The sadness surrounded both of us.
In that small room, Paul and I watched our son's life ebb away.
The sadness was reflected in both of our eyes as we searched each others souls for answers that were not to be found.
The sadness was forever etched in our hearts.
That sadness all began nearly 10 years ago as our dreams were shattered within an instant.
Today however, I am living the sadness of others.
My darling friend from high school recently suffered a miscarriage of a dearly wanted baby. She is surrounded by sadness as she works through her journey of grief, her naivety of the perfect pregnancy gone, as was mine nearly 10 years ago. Yet somehow I still have not found the right words to say to her.
That same sadness is now working its torturous way into another friends life. Another baby, a wee little elf she says, was too beautiful for this earth and born into eternal life with the goddesses yesterday at just 19 weeks.
My heart pains for them both, for their families and for their lost little souls.
The sadness that surrounds the aftermath.
The labour that produces even more sadness.
The breasts that swell with milk, the sadness of it all.
My heart reaches out to these friends, may you be kind to yourselves, may you tread the path of grief gently, it is a long journey, one that is always fraught with emotion but sadly a journey that is never won.
2 comments:
It's just heartbreaking, isn't it Mel? I can't seem to wrap my head around Lara losing Xavier. I don't know what it is, but it has just rocked me.
I'm sorry for your friend. And of course, you know, so sorry about Isaac.
XXX's
Lara
Post a Comment