I have had time to calm down a little about yesterday but am still rather angry. I had a good chat to Paul last night and even though he doesn't want me to burn any bridges, I still think I am doing the right thing for myself. So I thought I would write down what it is that I am most upset about.
* The fact that it is the husband of one of these girls that apparently has the problem with me because I had no right to be as mad as I was that day. Never mind the fact that he was the asshat that called at 2am and left a barely listenable message on Paul's phone and that it was 3 of my 5 children (not 200) that he had woken up. And all this whilst I was looking after his stepdaughter for a week to allow them to go away hassle free for that time. So not only is he not grown up enough to a) say sorry but also b) say thanks for having said daughter for the week.
* The fact that supposed dear friends felt that bitching about it all was simply ok, yes, I got the apologies but you know, if that kind of thing gets said right in front of my eyes then what else is said after a new conversation was started?
* The fact that these 2 girls know full well that I would drop everything at any given time to help them out with absolutely anything and yet I was the one that bore the brunt of their foolish behaviour both weeks ago and then yesterday.
* The fact that I am now upset and disappointed that I feel this way about our friendship, that I feel like I need to move on without them in my life and that again, it is said that I am seeing things that aren't really there.
So there you go, 2 friendships, one of nearly 2 years, one of about 18 months, many memories, many late nights, many drinks, many laughs, many tears, many phone calls, a beautiful birth of a beautiful boy, many dreams, and big futures. I will say thank you, it was great while it lasted.
*sigh*
2 comments:
Mel, maaate - I have no idea what you are talking about BUT......
It's not your shit, IT'S THEIRS!!! - just shrug and walk away, perhaps you misjudged these people but clearly you don't need them in your life! I like to think they've done you a favour
xo
Yes, thank you Leigh, am realising that now!
Look forward to catching up on Sunday, the kids are excited!
Post a Comment