I don't think of myself as being a shallow person, I believe I go much deeper than that. I don't just skim the top layer, I look into things maybe too much, or perhaps not enough? Who knows?
I had some terrific friends at school and just recently caught up with some of them on Facebook, which reminds me, I have some photos to scan!
I always made friends very easily at school, we were the cool cats, always had something to say, always doing something interesting and then my best friend left and moved interstate, sure, I had other friends but it just wasn't the same. I met up with a boy in year 9, he was wonderful, we briefly went out but realised we were better off as friends. Our friendship lasted many years, until he met a girl. I remember him asking me again whether he should be going out with her when he could be going out with me, I laughed it off and their relationship continued. So, very soon, he was out of my life as well. The day he broke up with her, he arrived at my parents house, but our friendship had dissolved. By then, I was working full time as a hairdresser and was often out drinking all weekend, people came and went but I was still the same person.
It wasn't until I was 21 that I met my best friend, my soul mate, the one I could tell anything to. And to this day he is still by my side.
Moving up here, I had to start afresh, it was hard, really really hard and I struggled, I became depressed and Paul and I were on the verge of a complete meltdown, but I came through it , I was fortunate to meet L, and from there things changed. Regrettably though, as I have met more people and made more friends, we don't catch up as much as I would like but still, I know I can call her and we can always manage to pick up where we left off! LOL!
Essential Baby also opened up a whole new outlet, we have a group that are called the Darwin Divas and I can pretty safely say that I have some very good friends in that group.
Backtrack a few weeks ago and I was deeply hurt by 2 of these girls, I didn't blog about it completely but did say that I had had a bad night where I had received many unwanted phone calls and it really did hurt me emotionally. At the time, I had a few big issues happening, and although I hadn't spoken to my friends about them, they were very real and something that Paul and I were working through together.
Anyway, on this particular night, these 2 friends and their husbands called, time after time after time, woke up 3 of the children but still thought they were hilariously funny and kept persisting. At the time, we couldn't turn our phones off due to work commitments and just had to keep answering the phone and try to tell them to stop it.
It was crap, really really crap and I was so disappointed.
Eventually we got over it but then just today, I find out that perhaps I had overreacted, that apparently I had every right to be mad but not as mad as I actually was. And that even though others can laugh and hang up, they don't have 200 kids. Upon realising that I was still signed into this msn conversation but was just away at the time, it was the shut down pretty quick.
Closing words from them
yyyyy says:
oh we best close this down
xxxx says:
yep
xxxx says:
catch you in a sec
yyyyyy says:
i hope she doesnt see it
So I can only imagine that it went on after that, but after they had left the original conversation. I could say so much more but really don't have the time or the inclination to do it just at this point, but needless to say, after forgiving the first time and probably forgetting it enough to the point that we all could make jokes about it, I cant see it happening again and that perhaps I am just treading down that path that I have followed in my life. The one where I lose friends, and move on again.
No comments:
Post a Comment