Every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday I meet with a group of boys, have done so now for almost 2 years. They are a fantastic bunch, polite, gorgeous, mostly well mannered and willing to learn.
These boys are all under 10, they are the Litchfield Bears Under 10 Red team and most of them have been playing for over 4 years together. There have been some that have come and go, some that faced small injuries every game but always, they are willing to front up for their chance to learn more about a game they are so passionate about.
I have watched this group of boys grow from the beginning of last year, and now, today they show an amazing sense of friendship both on and off the field. The sportsmanship shines through, they don't get cranky, throw tantrums or back chat the refs, they accept everything that is thrown at them.
Today for the first year together as a team, after being at the top of the ladder all year, they have secured their place in the grand final in 2 weeks time.
Can you tell I am a little bit excited?
I sat up till 2:20 this morning making pom poms for my girls so they could cheer from the sidelines, we made a banner for the boys to run through as they ran onto the field, the crowd were all given signs to wave and they played hard and they won!
Yes, you all know I am partial to my "own" boys and I would have another 10 if I could be guaranteed that they would be all boys but *sigh* for the moment I will take this lot under my wing and hug their sweaty little bodies in the sheds and tell them how proud I really am of them!
No comments:
Post a Comment