Today marks the end of Paul's career with McDonalds. Yes, that's right, he has decided that after 24 years that he no longer wants to pursue the dream of having his own stores or continuing to work within the company.
The week was kinda tinged with sadness really, after all, it was the place that we met at. For those that don't know, I was the customer and way back then he was just a store manager! Of course he was just providing excellent customer service when he asked me out, LOL! And there are certainly a lot of happy memories and great friends made that will always be a part of our lives.
His farewell drinks had me wiping tears from my eyes during the speeches but also had me laughing hard too.
He has worked his way through the ranks to become the General Manager of McDonalds Darwin and I am very proud of him for that but I know that with his skill, commitment and strength, he will be extremely happy in his next role.
So farewell Maccas, farewell the phone calls in the middle of the nights, the long up to 16 hour days, the functions, the Balls and gala events, the bitchiness and all that goes with the Golden Arches.
Farewell to the friends we have partied with over the years, goodbye to the store that introduced me to the "Big Fella" (Michael RIP :( ) and goodbye to the only career that Paul has had since we have met.
I may miss some of the people but I certainly will not miss the company and what it has become!!!
5 comments:
Wow, 24 years, I'll bet today was bittersweet.
What is he up to now? Is he taking some time out?
Best of luck to you guys on your new adventures! An exciting time for you both xx
It will never matter where Paul works because it's not about the product, Paul could sell ice to Eskimos, it's about his ability to sell himself which is what really works for him!
That's a huge amount of time to walk away from.
How are plans now? What has Paul settled into? Anything so far?
How uncanny, Ant and I met at Macca's, he was my boss. It was also the only job Ant had ever known, and he also had worked his way into management with the dream of one day owning. It was huge when he left and very scary but Mel we have never looked back, it was just shit in the end and the 2am phone calls, aghhh, life is better and as much as it helped him become who he is, I am so glad he left and we didn't buy a store :) hope you are just as lucky. :)
Post a Comment