Tuesday, 20 April 2010

It's quiet here....

And I am sitting here thinking of the little girl sleeping in the room beside me. The beautiful, little girl with the long, golden curls, the one that has an infectious laugh and gorgeous dimples on her cheeks. She is the little girl that takes after both of us not that either of us would like to admit that!


It’s funny that this little soul came along, totally unexpected, totally unplanned yet she has bought us so much happiness. Heartache too but more laughter than anything.

Where has the time gone? She turns 5 tomorrow and I no longer have any remnants of babies ever being in this house.

*sigh*

2 comments:

Mel said...

Oh Happy Birthday little Lucy. Your baby is turning 5 and my big girl is turning five soon. Where did that time go?!

Karen said...

Mel I hope that Lucy had a great day - it's sad how they get older isn't it! Means we are getting older too - maybe that's what worries me most.
Your fabric haul a while back was very impressive, can't wait to see it all made up.