Sunday, 3 January 2010

January Challenge!



Ok, so if you head over to Carolyn's blog she has so kindly organised a fantastic challenge to keep us all motivated! The first months challenge was to actually make something for yourself which is right up my alley at the moment as I am desperate to lose weight . You can read about that here but I wanted something to wear that was comfortable and also didnt require me to actually buy new clothes everytime I went down a dress size!

*wishful thinking*

So, I decided to go with the Versatile Skirt from Make it Perfect as of course it is adjustable. I have a few of her patterns and I just knew that this would be just as easy to make.
I decided to use some lightweight denim and for the trim use some Heather Bailey and I just love how it has turned out. I have decided that I will sew a couple more of these skirts because they were so quick and easy to do!


The skirt is a one size fits all and I actually didnt realise that until I was halfway through sewing. Der!! I have plenty of room in it and I am a size 16 at the moment.

At the end of the month, I will retake photos of all the things I have made for "Me" this month and I think it is about time I rewarded myself!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a great skirt Mel. I have had the pattern for a while, you have given me the inspiration to make it.

fran said...

Hey babe! I'd like one of those skirts too please? Pop it in the post with the belly fruit babes gear and bill me for it won't you? Pretty please? I like earthy colours! As if you didn't know that! Heehee.
Looks fabulous. I like it. xx

Unknown said...

I have been eyeing off this pattern for ages and am now just going to have to buy it! Love your version with the trim, gorgeous.

Mel said...

We'll be starting our own versatile wrap flicker group soon! (or facebook group) who has a versatile wrap! Love the classic denim with the trim, would be very nice to wear out on a summer's night! Nice work! It would be divine in a mini-me design as well for the little Miss xox

TheThingsIdTellYou said...

I love the skirt.

I wish you lived closer so you could teach me to sew. It's one of my goals this year, but I've no idea where to start.

Mel said...

Oh Mel, pop into the beginners sewers threads, the girls are lovely and I only just started in April this year. I can even send you some easy patterns if you like. I love it, I find it to be very relaxing, although I talk to myself a lot! LOL!

Becky said...

I have had this pattern for awhile but have not made it yet!

I think it would look great if the bottom contrast band was a couple of inches wider to show off the fabric at the hem...

Mel said...

I agree Becky and I also am going to make the band at the top a little wider next time as well as add a buttonhole to hold the tie in place.