Tuesday, 13 October 2009

That Person...

I have been thinking about this post for a couple of days, I have agonised over whether to post it or not. I am worried that I may be frowned upon, or that the little one it is based on will be somewhere shedding tears looking over me?

It could be all of the above or nothing at all? I don't know?

So, the bottom line is that I don't want to be that person anymore.

I don't want to be that person, the one that had a baby early.

That person, the one whose baby then died.

Yes, that person that has a dead child.

That person who then lost a lot of very close friends because they didn't "get" it.

That person who could not forgive her own sister for words said during an argument about that little baby.

That person that has to grieve every single year, several times a year, sometimes every day.

That person that has also shed an ocean of tears, wishing him back.

I don't want to be that person anymore.

That very same person then lost her oldest sister, her best friend this year because she told that person to forget he ever happened.

That person who visits the cemetery barely once a year and it is so overgrown and messy.

That person is me and if I don't want to be that person anymore, than I would no longer be me.

I want to be the person that is a mother of six living children.

I want to be the person that has 3 boys and 3 girls who are all alive.

I want to be the person who is always happy.

The person that knows no sadness.

The person whose heart never feels empty.

But it will never happen.

I will forever be "That person."

I am sorry.

8 comments:

The Hill Family..... said...

Mel, my friend, I hear you and I feel your pain! I really do.

Please take look at this site!

http://cre8.com.au/

Mel you deserve to be truely happy and I promise you this is your ticket to happiness and peace.

I could travel down with you (if you wanted) or I will move out into your house for a week if you could get Paul to go with you - my gift to you!

Anonymous said...

don't be sorry. you are a whole person and lots of people love you for that.

Bec

Mel said...

*HUGS* you should never feel that you should have to agonize over expressing your feelings, you have every right to. Its' not easy, I really don't have the right words to express but know I am sending lots of *love* and *support*

I can offer no solace, I will not say I understand, because I can't, we all feel differently, our relationship are affected, sometimes those closest to us, really just don't get it, or they deny it, and they don't realise in all honesty how much it hurts us not to be able to speak so freely of those that we have lost from our hearts and souls.

I know when we lost little Ruby, it was interesting because many clairvoyants I saw leading up to before I was pregnant with Jaida spoke of the little girl with the stubborn personality and how her soul would return to us when the time was right, being as the 2nd child we had, that of a little girl (and we were told when she would come, although it was hard to accept because we just couldn't seem to get pregnant, yet we had a due date before our apparent BFP.)

They spoke of Ruby's soul in great detail, of how she was giving way to Caleb because it was not her time (I had mentioned none of this during my readings, I was just there to listen and see what was to be foretold.) I guess for me, this helped with my grieving process and faith that I hadn't done anything wrong, it was just her destiny, what she had been sent so fleetingly to do, just to touch my heart and soul momentarily and then return to her higher spiritual plane. Does it seem fair? Of course I didn't think so ... Did I ever imagine that this was in my destiny, of course not, would I have loved for things to be different? Of course I would have (but then if I had Ruby, there wouldn't be Caleb) ... Its' a strange path we are often lead on.

Obviously we have Jaida, is her soul that of Ruby, I really don't know, maybe so, maybe not ...

I had another reading just last year and I was asked "had the little girl who was returning come back to me yet?"

I could only smile and say yes, I had my little girl.

*HUGS*

TheThingsIdTellYou said...

I'm sorry too. I wish you were the mother of 6 living children. I wish you didn't have to hurt.

I thought about you all day the other day when you said you were off to the cemetary.

And though, of course, I've never seen him, I thought about him too. Beautiful baby boy of yours.

Mirjam said...

I can understand how you would prefer to be the mother of 6 living children and trust me it would be all I would wish you too....BUT you are YOU because of everything that has happened in your life and I trust you are a wonderful, strong and compassionate woman. You don't know how your life would have been would that tragic moment in your life wouldn't have happened. Maybe you would not have the other kids you had or or or....there is too many ifs and ?.
At the same time I just want to delete all this, because that all doesn't change your hurt either.

Just try to accept that you are a wonderful person shaped by all the single moments in your life!

I am wishing you that the sorrow eases a little over time and i am glad you have an amazing family around you, who support your through the dark moments.

BIG HUGS

Simone said...

Without sadness Mel we cannot truly appreciate and enjoy happiness. Those that appreciate happiness are very lucky people for they know how special it is and how hard to hold onto it somes can be.

That person!- you are the gorgeous giving bubbly blonde lady I met on the Web who shows me that even through terrible sadness she is a happy kind person.

Mel said...

Well I certainly could not agree more with Simone (above) and other than that my thoughts as I read your post were, "No! I don't want you to be anyone else!" mel, you know I have had the slightest glimpse of what you have experienced but enough to know that there will never be an end point to this - it is just a something that will ebb and flow with your life and have you feeling perfectly fine one minute and on your knees the next. And grief is just so hard and so confronting for people who haven't experienced it but it is your right to experience it the way YOU need to and you need to defend that right every day.

And I'll defend it with you - the full warts and all beautiful YOU!

Anonymous said...

I knew you during this challenging time in your life and this is how I still see you even after all these years...

You are born to be a mother

You are a mother to 7 beautiful souls

6 of those souls are roaming the human word

1 is shining above all of you in a world more wonderful than our imaginations

You are human and you feel

Your joy and your pain makes you alive and the person that so many people love and admire

You are beautiful

You are loved by your family

Seriously what more can you ask for?

I know....but he is with you in a very very special way :)

Of course you think about him everyday, constantly, he IS one of your children :))

You ARE blessed Mel and you will never forget...and that is a good thing.

In many many days to come, you will be together again :) It that day comes, take light in knowling he is always looking over your shoulder.

Who cares what others think or say. If you did or thought what they told you to, then you would not be you and you would not be the TERIFFIC mother that you are today.

All the love and healing in the world to you!!!!

Hx