Is photos, well at the moment, I don't have photos to tell you what I have been up to. I don't have silly stories about what my children have been up to, nor do I have any sewing to update but what I do have is my memories!
Many moons ago whilst lying in bed one morning, he had his arms wrapped around me, we were talking about lots of things but nothing in particular, I am sure you all have felt this way.
I think it was about 10 days into our relationship and suddenly in amongst the conversation were the word, I love you.
Back track to the day he asked me out, well he didn't even know my name and he was praying that I had my name badge on when he came to tell me where we would be going and what time he would be picking me up. Now before he came to see me at work the girls were all talking about whether I should tell him about TJ or not. The consensus was that it may scare him away but I was thinking that if I didn't tell him then it was being dishonest.
After a shocking time at Fridays where I was looking around madly for someone that I knew and a way out of a dreadful crew persons 21st where I knew no one, he whisked me away to a secluded place in Paddington. Mind you it was winter, I was chilly and he, being the gentleman that he was, gave me his jacket. After a while I needed a loo stop and when I went, I discovered when hanging his jacket up that in his jacket was his keys and also his wallet.
Now who trusts a mere stranger with that? I certainly wouldn't but anyway I went back to the table and continued the conversation.
The night went on and when prompted about who was in my family I told him. I had 2 sisters and a niece, my poor father was destined to a life of women until...
Until I had my son.
Yes, I was a mother who had recently filed for divorce and my little boy was 2 years old.
I no doubt shocked him but he took it in his stride. The night continued and we were two souls who were brought together and it was as though we had known each other for years.
We walked back to his house where we watched the tennis, me, who hated the sport but was rather content in his company and did not care what was going on around me and later we made love. Yes it was exactly that, this wasn't a fling, it was nothing of the sort, I knew from the beginning that we were destined to be together.
Something had brought us together and it would be years later before I learnt who.
So, back to that day, the one when the 3 little words, I love you, were said. It was by him, not me, I was nervous and was scared of rebound or whatever.
How wrong I could have ever been.
After about 5 minutes more of conversation, I simply could not ignore it anymore. I asked him if he had really said what I though he had said and of course he had.
Here was a man, who had known me for a mere 10 days, declaring his love for me and why?
Because of my honesty.
He said he had fallen in love with me that very first night.
*swoon*
Because I was honest enough to tell him how it was and that I had a beautiful 2 year old son in my life.
That man is my husband and from that day we have been inseparable, he is my soul mate, the father to all 6 of my children, the one that has kept me sane, the one that holds me tight at night.
He is the one whose love is unconditional, the one that loves spending time with his children and I as a family, the one that provides for us and allows me to be a mother and wife and to do the things I want to do.
He is the man that I know I will spend the rest of my life with, he is my husband.
He is PaulieJ.
1 comment:
Awwww what a lovely post, Mellie.
Now. Do your homework. You have been tagged.
Post a Comment