Sunday, 26 April 2009

One of my other loves.

I don't normally get excited about my food creations. I have a love of cooking, always have but have never actually taken photos of my gourmet meals. I don't like recipe books, never have but instead will think about what I would like to eat and then create something around that.

So last night I had some eye fillet out, the only type of steak we eat and of course it is sensational cooked to medium rare. I had some vegetables and some prosciutto and some lovely very fresh basil.

So the result?



Eye fillet steak on a bed of fresh basil, atop oven roasted vegetables, grilled haloumi and topped with grilled prosciutto and a dash of creamy pesto sauce.

Nothing makes me happier than making food that I know my darling husband and I will enjoy together!

1 comment:

The Hill Family..... said...

Melanie....... You have missed your calling in life, truly you have! I have never tasted anything from your kitchen that wasn't delectable AND delicious AND bloody yummy! And it doesn't just tast beautiful it is presented with such flair - even if it is just garlic prawns on hash browns! xoxo