I guess the biggest thing to happen was the falling out with my sister, I can safely say that I have no wish to keep in contact with her and this has hit me pretty hard. We have been very close for a very long time but she did and said some things last week when she came to stay that I will never forgive her for.
She not only shattered my children's hearts but she also broke a small piece off mine.
Again, my husband has been my rock, he has held me tight and told me countless times that it will be OK and that we have each other and the hurt will pass.
It's the hurt from what she said though, and I will post about that another day.
1 comment:
Mellie, I can fully sympathise. My sister estranged herself from me almost four years ago now. To this day, she defiantly refuses to even acknowledge my existence. Sadly, it all came about from things that she read that she assumed were all about her.... and I have never had a chance (nor the desire, really, after hurtful things that were fired back at me when she was trying to defend herself) to protest my innocence.
Sisters are hard ones. They know so much about us. And they can hurt the deepest.
I'm truly sorry you've had this happen between you, but you're right: sometimes, some things said are just not able to be worked around (if not forgiven).
Post a Comment