Sunday, 26 April 2009

Lachlan and his debut in Rugby League!

Today I felt really proud that my second eldest son was playing his first game of Rugby league. Now as a Queenslander and growing up all my life knowing that NRL was the "Real" football code, I was happy to see him have so much enthusiasm. I remember TJ playing and all he really wanted to do was sit at the back and bite his nails, much to Paul's and my disgust but more so to my Dad who played and coached League up until he was 40. (I think)

To this day, Pippy still has his boots and I reckon he would be rather proud if Lachie was to wear them on some run onside in years to come but I quietly think that although Lachie would love to wear them being the sensitive fella that he is, he will want the uber cool ones that flash and sparkle as he runs across the field! Haha!

Now, going back to when i was pregnant, one of Paul's best mates was trying to add his input of what we should name our third son. On the list was Oscar and Lachlan. Now Gav piped up and said, seriously, when they are announcing the run on side to play for Australia in 2020, do you really think that Oscar Jensen is going to sound better than Lachie Jensen.

We made our minds up pretty soon after that. Hehehe!

So here are some pics of today!





No comments: