I wanted to do a month by month post about our past year but I thought it would be too hard to remember everything and I am sure there would be things I missed! So again I have pinched something from Melissa in order to jog my memory.
1.What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Go swimming in the coastal waters of Darwin! Previously I had always been too scared but we spent an amazing couple of days at Wagait Beach in the beautiful dry season.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't really keep my resolutions from last year, I wanted to lose weight, which I did but promptly put it all back on again. So again, I am wanting to lose weight this year but at this stage haven't done anything about it.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No one really close to me, I had lots of clients in 2008 and some of the births were extremely memorable and beautiful but no family had babies this year. A dear friend looked as though she was going to have her twins at 29 weeks but thankfully got through to now and she is scheduled for a CS next week and she will be about 38 weeks I think?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thankfully but our good friends in Brisbane lost their 3 year old little boy to a drowning accident just before Christmas, it rocked Paul and I to the very core.
5. What countries did you visit?
We didn't go overseas but we did travel back to El Questro again.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More "Me" time.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 31st, it was when my beautiful sister got married up here in Darwin, it was such a beautiful day.
July, when TJ was assaulted and robbed of his prize possession, it was such an awful time for us all.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
Having to go back on Anti depressants again.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing major, just had a flu that hung around for months.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A friend that I had met online, her behaviour made me thankful that when I get to the age of 40, I wont be anything like her.
14. Where did most of your money go?
On our house and children.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My sisters wedding.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Rainbow Connection, it is a song that goes way back to my childhood and my friendship with my dear sister. At her wedding, I got the band to sing it and it was amazing.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Same
c) richer or poorer? Richer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
More time with Paul, we did a lot more as a family this year which was fantastic but my quality time with my darling husband suffered this year.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
I wish I spent less time on the computer, LOL! And worrying about the situations that were arising amongst my friends.
20. How will you be spending Christmas in 2009?
Hopefully just like 2008, it would have to have been our best yet as a family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I guess after my world came crashing down in the latter part of the year, I fell in love with my husband all over again.
22. How many one-night stands?
NONE!
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Underbelly and Home and Away, sad sack aren't I?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I am so hypocritical, I don't allow my children to use the word hate as it is such a strong word but yes, I do, the person I mentioned in question 13. I felt that because of her actions, she has caused me to move out of the circle of friends that I had formed since moving here and I dislike her very much for that.
25. What was the best book you read?
I read a lot of birth books but other than that, nothing else really.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The fact that TJ and I had a lot of favourite music in common, it made me realise just how much we really are alike.
27. What did you want and get?
Happiness, that by far means more to me than anything.
28. What did you want and not get?
There was nothing I really wanted, I was thinkinag about a new car for me but decided against it.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
I only went to the cinema twice and my fave of those 2 would have to be "Australia", I thought it was lovely to see parts of Darwin and also parts of the Kimberly that we have visited.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 34 and my darling husband organised a get together here without me knowing, it was a lovely surprise to see people just turning up.
31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having my mum live closer to me, I miss her all the time and when she is here we have a great time with lots of laughs!
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Nothing exciting.
33. What kept you sane?
My family, without them, I wouldn't be here.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Umm, noone really.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Kevin Rudd saying "Sorry"
36. Who did you miss?
My son, more so this year than any year before.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
I met a beautiful, beautiful person, she moves me every time I speak to her. I have known of this person for many years, but have only ever said Hi and waved but we are lucky to have them travel around Australia and settle here in Darwin for a couple of months, hopefully longer. She has battled cancer, her tumor was misdiagnosed for 10 months and by then it was very aggressive, she lost one of her major organs and on the same day she was told that was going blind because of her ongoing battle with Diabetes. Enduring all this though, she has such strength and courage, she is wise and knowledgeable and she has taught me many things in the past few weeks. I don't normally just click with people but with Kauran, I did, and already I know that our friendship will be lasting. She has to go back to Brisbane in March for more tests and already I am praying for good results for her as she is a woman that deserves that at the very least.
Oh and she is an amazing cook and has already taught me some of her beautiful Sri Lankan dishes!!
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
To cherish my divine family, make the most of everyday and that all the material things really don't matter. To not put too much weight on certain things, that eventually the pain of lost friendships eases and you just move on.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Every time I close my eyes
It’s you and I know now
Who I am"
Dream Catch Me by Newton Faulkner.
1 comment:
what a great idea!
Me too, I should have spent more time with Art - this is the year!!!
Love the playground
Post a Comment