I remember when the music started playing, I remember struggling to stand from my chair, I remember the tears flowing, I remember how hot it was, I remember throwing the rose petals on his coffin, I remember them lowering his casket into the ground, I remember my wonderful husband holding me tightly, I remember wanting to throw myself into the ground, I remember the little bag on my wrist that contained his booties and bonnet, I remember TJ being so brave.
I remember it all like it was yesterday.
I remember having to walk away.
2 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Reading this left me teary-eyed. I don't know what else to say but that I'm sorry!
Melanie, I hope one day you will not feel so much pain when you remember your precious boy, but that you remember with joy the time you shared with him - moving in your belly and the gentle kicks! Because that wasn't nothing - that was such a special time for you both! Some people think that our babies choose their parents and their journey. So maybe he always knew! I think life is a journey full of lessons and your (and Paul's) very harsh lesson here was to learn to love deeply and cheerish your children, your life! And you do that, your such a wonderful mother and wife! Love Leigh
2 comments:
Reading this left me teary-eyed. I don't know what else to say but that I'm sorry!
Melanie, I hope one day you will not feel so much pain when you remember your precious boy, but that you remember with joy the time you shared with him - moving in your belly and the gentle kicks! Because that wasn't nothing - that was such a special time for you both!
Some people think that our babies choose their parents and their journey. So maybe he always knew!
I think life is a journey full of lessons and your (and Paul's) very harsh lesson here was to learn to love deeply and cheerish your children, your life! And you do that, your such a wonderful mother and wife!
Love Leigh
Post a Comment