Monday, 3 November 2008

The frailty of life.

Today I sit here and ponder over exactly that. Before having Isaac, I had never really experienced the death of anyone close to me, and his passing rocked me to the very core. Parents should not outlive their children.

A few weeks ago, I was watching a movie, "P.S I love you" and I howled, all the way through it. You see, I have always wondered how I would cope if I were in that situation, if Paul were to suddenly die, how would I cope? He has been my soul mate for so long and we are so in tune with eachother. How could my children cope without their father? How could I live the rest of my life without my best friend? I know that I simply couldnt.

Last night I logged on to EB and it saddened me to read that a long time member had to make the decision to switch her husbands life support off. He passed away peacefully. She now has to face the world as a widow, her children without their father and my love and strength goes out to her during this horribly emotional time.

I simply cannot believe that life has been so cruel to her, so unfair, why do these things happen?

It just makes you realise that life is so short and every moment counts, hug those that are dearest to you, hold your babies that little bit tighter, live your life to the fullest, dont let opportunities pass you by.

No comments: