Tuesday, 9 September 2008

He is my friend.

TJ that is, he is my friend. I am spending more time with him and I am absolutely loving the fact that we are becoming closer. For a while there, around 13 years of age, he moved away from me (in soul that is), and I guess it is just like the book says, this is something that all boys do at this age and then gravitate back towards their mothers around the age of 16.
My baby boy, my first born, the child that changed my life, the one that taught me so much and guided me gently through motherhood, is now my friend. It is only now that I am realising that we have so much in common, music, tastes in clothes, (for him that is! lol!) the conversations we have, he is still learning so much about life but he is willing to learn and takes everything on board.
I love him, I really do, as all mothers should love their children but now, I know that this is a bond that will remain for life, after all he is my son and now, he is my friend.

And a song that we both discovered last night that we both love!

1 comment:

fran said...

I've told you this before darling, but TJ is a real credit to you and Paul. He is a lovely young lad who I'm sure you are very proud of, as you ought to be.
I'm glad you are friends. I'm discovering hanging with my nearly OMG nearly 10 year old lad today!

f xxxxx