Wednesday, 10 September 2008

Going away.

I am starting to get a little excited. Next Wednesday we will be returning to Brisbane for a couple of days, just Paul and I and then on the following Monday we will be heading back to ElQuestro again. Funnily enough, it is on the exact dates we went last year!
I need to acomplish a couple of things in Brisbane and I really only have 2 days to do it in!
Firstly, will be a big dinner on Wednesday night, I will be able to catch up with some dear friends and eat at an old favourite restaurant.
Secondly, I will be going to see my old GP for a general checkup and to get a referal to see Gordon Kilvert, my wonderful OBs partner, to finally discuss this dodgy plumbing of mine.
Thirdly, will be Yum Cha, I cant wait, my mouth is watering even now as it has been so long since having it!
Last but not least, on Friday after a big sleep in, I will venture out to Mt Gravatt Cemetary to visit my precious boy.
Just typing that makes me feel nervous, anxious and my heart races. I know it was only 3 months ago that Paul was there and at least there has been rain and it should be rather green, not barron like it is in Summer but I dont know, I guess it is a feeling that will never leave really. I feel so much love when I think about it but then it is overcome by anger, anger that he was taken away too soon and that there are so many what ifs and what could have beens.

On the Monday, we will be leaving home around 6am to head out for the 7 hour drive to ElQuestro. I love this place, it is beautiful, the scenery, the food, the cocktails (LOL!) and the company of my wonderful husband. Last year when we went, I believe we found ourselves again, our lives had been super busy and stressful and we just needed to get away. I believe someone was watching over us and purposely wished car trouble upon us as our trip went from being only 4 nights to being 7 nights!

1 comment:

Shaggy said...

Mel...ive been thinking of you and hope that your visit to see your darling boy was as wonderful as you imagined. My heart aches for you....