On Monday, Lachlan came running inside and said his mate was outside and had a baby bird. I went out to the footpath and there was tiny duck in this boys hat all scrunched up. I felt sorry for the poor little thing and asked where they had found it. Apparently down near the lakes and it was on the road by itself. I asked the boys if I could take it to the wildlife rescue shelter about 5 minutes away and they said no, they would take it back to where they found it. I had to explain to them immediately that if they were to do that, it would most certainly die of shock, of an attack by another animal or even being hit by a car. Reluctantly they said to take it away.
So Lachlan and I took it in and the people were lovely and gushed over it. Now when we got home, my husband was horrified that I even dared to take it in, his objection was that it would have made a lovely pet for the children!
WTF? Its a duckling, very cute, fluffy and yellow but in a few weeks it would be ugly and shit everywhere! Nooooo, he wants it to be an inside pet and train it to fetch beer!hahahahaha!
All day on Tuesday, I received text messages asking if I had called the shelter yet blah blah blah until finally I succumbed at 3pm and called them.
Now the duck appears to be of the domestic kind and therefore we wouldn't need a permit if I were to take it in and sure, I could come straight in and pick the little bit of fluff up.
So here we are, the proud owners of a duck named "Delicious" which whilst isn't my favourite name, definitely much better than the initial name of "Peking".
*snigger*
No comments:
Post a Comment