Wednesday, 15 December 2010

Another type of saying goodbye.

I wrote a post on Facebook about this but also knew that I would blog it too.

Sometimes people come into your life when you least expect it, when you need them and perhaps when they need you.

It has happened to me a few times this year, perhaps the most notable though is just recently when my friend Jacqi and her family moved their van to our property for about 10 weeks or so.

I remember saying it one night when when we had had a few drinks, and the next day I actually thought to myself, what on earth were we thinking? I am flat out living with someone for a week let alone 10!

Oh my how wrong I was.

She taught me so much, she made me feel better about myself, be a better mother and also gave me some confidence that I never thought I had. Her two gorgeous girls played continuously with ours, her "funny as" husband always provided a laugh and she had the biggest heart I have ever known anyone to have. We shared so much about our lives, I envied her close family even though they are separated by states and she really showed me what it would be like to have a sister that was your best friend.

My life is pretty well documented both here and on FB and when she knew I was down, she came into my house when I was not here and stuck inspirational notes in places that I would keep finding weeks later. She bought me flowers for Isaac's anniversary and on Saturday, we had to say goodbye.

I miss her, I miss our afternoon drinks, I miss sitting and watching TV, I miss the chaos of two families living so close, I miss laughing at Rodney frantically washing his cars every weekend.

I just miss them all but I am pretty sure they will be back and I cant wait till then!


Safe travels beautiful people and we all look forward to seeing you one day again soon! xx

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

What a lovely post Mel. Everyone needs a friend like that and i am glad that one came along when you really needed it.