Tuesday, 8 December 2009

Moving house.

Well first we need to sell this one first.

I have always wanted to live on property, I guess maybe because I loved the freedom of the land we lived on during my early teens. It was quiet, private and just beautiful. Paul grew up in Brisbane and spent a lot of his youth at his uncles place in Rathdowney. They had a cattle farm and often were there for the slaughter of animals to feed the family for months on end. Some of the stories are amazing and I would really love for Lachlan to experience this type of life.

Now the land I want to live on would be at least 100 acres, somewhere where we could be self sufficient and live extremely happily.
The kids are young and love growing the few veges and herbs that we currently have but we need to have a huge vege patch and Lucy would to be in charge of looking after it. They want animals so a pig, a cow and chooks would be great. And even horses for the girls.

So the decision to sell this house has been a little hard as it is big, beautiful and perfect for us but ahhhh life does go on and to achieve our dreams we have to let go of some.

The photographer was here yesterday and I just received the photos back, I am impressed that it looks just as beautiful in the photos as it does in real life.












1 comment:

Mel said...

OH MY GOD I would give anything for that space! Mel you'd die laughing if you saw how teeny tiny my house is - bloody Sydney!

And it's so neat!

Speaking from experience of your place in Brissy I totally agree with you and say GO FOR IT! You so won't regret it ... and I shall come and live with you ;)

Could get the girls a Nugget look alike to ride bare back on the beach!