Monday, 27 July 2009

A weekend of business!

On Saturday morning it was the usual Footy matches and Lachlan played 2 games one after the other. He was buggered but managed a couple of really good runs and has the "palming off" technique down pat. LOL!

After a stop at maccas it was home again for me to start sewing an outfit madly for a 70's party we were going to that night.

I learnt a valuable lesson, don't try too hard to get things finished in a rush as you will end up with about a centimetre of needle in your finger and your six year old having to pull it out!

Ouch.

It Hurt.

Anyway outfit was finished and I was pretty happy with it.



Sunday morning I wanted to make a pair of the gauchos from the pattern that I bought here and they took me less than an hour and looked great. I used a lightweight denim and then some of the fabric I had bought from Etsy a couple of months ago and it matched perfectly with Lucy's halter neck top. Just excuse the tattoos all over her belly, its the last of them and if anyone ever buys them again for the kids, well I will just have to bin them secretly!








After a pretty busy morning we headed out to Mary River Park to check out the facilities for the Football break up in a couple of weeks. I can imagine it will be a great time with 20 odd 9 year old boys running around and siblings as well.

We enjoyed a beautiful lunch at the restaurant and sipped on a lovely Sav Blanc while the kids ran free.


Here is a pic of the 3 girls and I love the fact that they are all wearing something made by me.


On the way home we all slept, well of course Paul didn't and we stopped in to see our dear friends, Darren and Kauran. I know we will miss these guys so much when they leave but we have big and I mean huge plans for when they arrive back in 18 months time.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Those shorts are to die for! Can I put in an order please?

Unknown said...

Such a cute outfit and I would be really proud too to have my kids in something I made, well done :-)

Varenia said...

The dress you made in the top photo is gorgeous!!! Love it!

Mel said...

WOW, thanks Varenia,I feel a little flattered! I kind of just made that pattern up!
I was only on your site this morning again and thought I should make another little Mod dress! I love that pattern of yours. :)