Tuesday, 14 July 2009

Sew I have been sewing!

I have been meaning to blog a few things but simply haven't had the time. School holidays have been cruising along pretty quickly and thankfully without too much drama!

Anyway, when I have found time to scratch myself, this is what i have been up to..

This is a gorgeous little top that I bought on Etsy Monkeysbug and the service was fantastic, ultra quick and the pattern is dead simple to follow and takes no time at all once all pieces are cut out. The beauty of this little top is that it is reversible and you can make it using so many different fabrics. I used some that I bought a little while ago from
fabric supplies and again received great service.

(note to self that I should not have looked at that link as I really should be on a fabric ban!)




I bought the Make it Perfect Bloom pattern some time ago and whipped it up one afternoon. I didn't worry about the shorts, my girls have heaps of them and also you can see I didn't do the trim around the bottom or the pocket! Lol, so really it is unfinished but cute nonetheless.


This is another pattern from Make it Perfect. The lazy day hat is pretty cute, it is reversible so that is a huge bonus when you have girls that have so many outfits. The only thing is that the either my kids have huge heads or the sizing is just small? Anyway, after my first attempt did my head in, this was my second and it turned out fine.



Poor Elisabeth has missed out a little in the clothes department as I have not been able to find some nice patterns for her. But anyway, I whipped this one up off the top of my head and i must say that it turned out pretty good. She was happy with it and I must get some more fabric to make a couple more.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Well done Mel - love all of the clothes that you have made. I have that butterfly fabric and was wondering what to do with it, so I can steal your idea now

The Hill Family..... said...

those are beautiful - maybe you could sell some at the markets???

Being Me said...

They're all very, very lovely. Clever you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love the clothes you have made! There would be a market for them if you were to make and sell them! I'd even be interested if you were to do up pattern packs (with or without material supplied)!! I don't sew much, but with creations like yours I'd love to start!! (ps. I followed your link from EB, hope that's ok! lol.