Tuesday, 16 June 2009

Lately

OK, so I haven't had a great deal of spare time on my hands to be able to sit down and blog. I was thinking this morning after Paul left to go fishing that I should do it but my bed was nice and cosy and of course when I jumped back in it, my little cherub threw her arms around me and said "Hello Mummy" in a crackly sleepy kinda voice. How can one possibly resist falling asleep for another hour or so with her in my arms.

*sigh*

So lately, well, my Facebook status's have alluded to the fact that I am extremely happy and I thought perhaps, now is as good a time as any to let you know why.

Lately, my husband, *swoon* Mmmm, I am not sure there is too much else to tell? We have found a very happy medium and are really enjoying our lives at the moment.
Now, not that we haven't enjoyed our lives previously but we seem to have found a middle ground where we are extremely content.
I still get goosebumps when I look at him, I still get a rush through my heart when he tells me he loves me and I love
just sitting on the couch and have him hold my hand.

Lately, TJ, well, he has really grown up, most definitely not the little boy that taught me how to be a mother. He is my friend, well, I mean "our" friend and it is really nice to be able to have proper conversations with him.
He starts his Plumbing apprenticeship tomorrow and I am so happy for him.

Lately, Lachlan, has became a young man. He is really enjoying his Rugby league and last weekend, played the best game he has ever played. Poor bugger though, he was about 3inches short of scoring his first try. Nevertheless, we got him a pack of Rugby cards for all the awesome tackles he did!

Lately, Elisabeth has come into her own. She is no longer as spiteful and mean to her siblings as she once was but don't get me wrong, notice I used the word "as"! She enjoys her social life at the football, running around with all her friends and helping me at the food stand we have going.

Lately Ruby, well she has become a little miss. She still melts hearts, just ask Shirley, Jeff and Jonny. As usual her sweet smile wins everyone over and she has that complete "butter wouldn't melt in my mouth" attitude!

Lately, Lucy, of course she continues to amaze me. She tells me all the time how much she loves me and always gives me cuddles and kisses. Being at preschool has made her grow up in the blink of an eye but honestly, she will always be my little baby!

*sigh*

Me? Well, Lately, I have been extremely busy, I am desperate to find time to sew but that seems to be on the back burner at the moment. I have been volunteering at the Club by making meals every week and selling them up there in order to have something more nutritious for everyone to eat. This of course takes up my whole Thursday but that is OK too. I don't mind spending time doing something I love, which in this case is cooking.
My darling husband has been doing the hunting and gathering *see fish and mudcrab* and I have had a great time discovering new recipes for it.
I am extremely content with my wonderful circle of friends and am having a great time catching up with them. I have met a lot of new people just recently and I think that has made a huge difference to my life too.
I am excited that in 2 months time I will be visiting a very dear friend who is expecting her 4th baby. I will be there with her family for about a month and although I will miss my beautiful family it will be absolutely magical to be able to help welcome their precious bundle into this world with them.

So I guess that is us in a nutshell, now everyone is up to speed, I can try to think of something far more interesting to blog about!

*giggle*

1 comment:

TheThingsIdTellYou said...

This is lovely to read. But tell us more about TJ's girlfriend. You've mentioned her briefly on FB, I want to know more. She sounds lovely!