Wednesday, 3 December 2008

If it doesn't rain......

It pours!!

It has happened in threes, so hopefully that is the last of it for a little while!

On our wonderful weekend away, ok, yes, the accommodation was realllllllly crappy but the company was divine. Who would have thought 8 children under the age of 8 would be a breeze? Honestly, the kids were all fantastic and considering there was no pool to swim in as it was the darkest shade of green, well they were great!

On our last day, Elisabeth cut her foot open on some wood that was under the house, it didn't appear to be too bad but was a cut about 5 cm long and a little ragged. She was fine and the good old Bactroban was applied and it all seems good.

Then there was the drama with Ruby, see post below, and that seems to have healed pretty nicely, still a little bit of a rash but should be fine and we have her check up again today.

Now, yesterday, the kids were playing, Lucy was in a good mood, and she was walking backwards rather quickly, she hit the corner of the wall and I heard the thud from 3 rooms away! I listened for the scream but there was none, just a little bit of a whinge. Anyway she came into me, rubbing her head and Lachlan was close behind relaying the story of what happened, as he does. I started rubbing her head and said she was a silly duffer and didn't make a big deal out of it, sat her up on the kitchen bench, and went to get an icepack.

It was then that I noticed that my hand was covered in blood! I looked at her usually blond curls and saw that they were now red and sorted through the hair until I saw a gash about 2 cm long and half a cm wide.

I felt ill and just knew it would require stitching so again it was a mad call to Oasis who laughed at me again and said to bring her straight in. How I love being on a first name basis with the receptionists there. LOL!

Oh there were plenty of screams and it was decided that glue would have to suffice as there was no way she was going to allow anyone to stitch her up, so she will be left with a bigger scar than usual but thankfully she has long hair and it shouldn't be noticeable.

I just hate hearing the the screaming of my children and knowing that I am helpless to do do anything, trying to hold her down whilst she was pinching my face and pushing me away was heartbreaking. She is fine about it all now but I guess it is just that emotional mother thing.

*sigh*

No comments: