And here was the boy that was to change my life, the little baby that I would look down upon and he would make my heart race, the one that I could swear had been here before, the wise eyes had a long story to tell.
His pregnancy had been eventful, I was scared, I stayed in hospital voluntarily from 20 to 26 weeks. I came home and we got married but didn't honeymoon due to us being so worried about making it to the end. The suture went in at 14 weeks but still there was lots of tears and anxiety. Finally at 37 weeks I went into hospital and the suture was removed, I laboured quickly and an hour and 49 minutes later, a beautiful little boy entered the world. He was just delicious, no crying, just a look of adoration as he gazed into my eyes and I knew he could see into my heart. He was perfect and I know was it not for him, I would not be here today.
Now, he is still the one that comes to me for smooches, his big blue eyes look out from under his gloriously long, black eyelashes and again he makes my heart melt all over again, I swear he has been here before and if not then I know he was sent here to heal the gaping wounds of grief left behind by his baby brother.
My boy has turned 8 today and I love him unconditionally, Happy Birthday my dear sweet little man.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Lachlan! Mel, it must be something about these Libran boys and being affectionate - I can see already that Luca is going to be my cuddly one! Hope he had a great day!
Mel
He is just divine, he really is!
Post a Comment