Just had to get that out there and will pop back to maybe even write up her birth story!
Ok, it took me a while but I honestly had to sit there and really think about what was so amazing about her birth. Afterall, she was meant to be the last child because I thought her birth was so traumatic! LOL!
Her pregnancy was pretty breezy, cruised along, needed some bedrest here and there and then went in at 34 weeks to have some bedrest in hospital and pain management. I insisted that I need her out early, the pain on my cervix was unbearable and I often felt that my insides were being torn. It should have been a sign, but no one really investigated more and it was decided that I would have the suture removed at 37 weeks and labour immediately.
We went down to delivery about 7, Doug, usually liked to get me out of the way early and then be back in time for his clinic. Paul also liked to tee off at 9am and it was always all over and done with by then. However, this wasn't going to be the case for either of them today. Normally, i would have the suture removed with no pain relief, it just involved a speculum and it would be snipped and pulled out, easy right? NO! This time the suture had become embedded in my cervix, and no amount of gently trying was going to work. After about an hour of me screaming, Paul sitting in the corner cringing, feeling sorry for me and Doug apologising profusely, it was decided that the would administer and epi and try with some more serious equipment!
I hated the epi, it bought back too many memories of when Isaac was born and how I had had the epi for the manual removal of the placenta while he was dying in my arms.
Anyway, it was put in and then I had a D&C kit used to cut away at my cervix and then remove the suture. It was horrific! I was so badly bruised inside, and at the time I didn't realise that it would take me weeks to recover. Once the epi wore off, my labour was augmented and she was born about an hour later. I refused for labour to be started before the epi was removed.
She was beautiful, and we thought tiny but at 37 weeks she was 3.4 kilos which was actually bigger than TJ at full term! She is the tiniest now though, very petite.
So in a nutshell, that was her birth, dramatic to begin with but very smooth after. Ironically, this was the birth that TJ wanted to witness, thankfully he didn't get the chance though. I am sure I could have gone into more detail here, but really didn't want to scare anyone! LOL!
No comments:
Post a Comment