Wednesday, 4 June 2008

The Wedding......

Ok, so we have photos taken and then head off to the church, the cars were fantastic so a big thanks to Gurty for coming forward with those. :) Photos outside the church and then we start the trek down the aisle. OMG, I had only taken 2 steps and I was ready to burst into tears! (And at this point it wasnt because my feet were throbbing!)
I looked at my wonderful husband all the way up and I got goosebumps thinking of our own wedding years before.
Both mum and dad walked Kerry down the aisle which was rather touching and as dad placed her hands in Tim's, I lost it and of course we had no tissues!!!!
Both Karen and I were surprised at how well we remembered all our jobs we had to do, where we had to walk, what we had to say etc, thankfully the priest continued to guide us through it all though.
After about 45 minutes the ceremony was over and Kerry only choked on her vows once, that was when a single tear actually flowed from Tim's eye.
During the ceremony there were whispers from me to Karen about how much my feet hurt and she would constantly remind me about how pretty our feet were. At that point, I didn't care, these shoes had knobs on them!

Outside the church we had enough time for a photo before being ushered into our cars and the guests into buses so we could catch the ferry to Wagait Beach. It was all rush rush at this point but the bridal party did a cruise down Mitchell street were we promptly waved at everyone like we were the royal family! LOL! Secretly though, I think Karen was on the lookout for someone to pick up!

*snigger*

On arrival to the ferry, well the dramas began, I could go into them here but wont at this point, too embarrassing really but I will say that I am extremely disappointed in my father and very proud of my husband for not retaliating when things got a little nasty loss of keys.

*cry*

This was when I did the whole, "throw my bouquet down and storm off" routine and marched off down Cullen Bay with no bag, wallet phone etc, like shit what did I think I was going to do? Paul came to get me, and TJ raced down to tell us that the ferry was about to leave and we had 3 mins to get back, I reluctantly left and caught the ferry over to Wagait beach.




This is pretty much the view of where we sat for most of the afternoon, fantastic isn't it? Imagine just sitting there glass of Moet in hand and listening to the tunes of the band and I must add that they were fantastic!

I may have thought they were a little toooooo fantastic later in the night. But far out, what the hell is it with lead singers in bands?

No comments: