Ok, lets start at say Wednesday? Well, on Wednesday, Kerry decided she wanted bridesmaids! Yeah, so suddenly the dress I had bought was no longer useful and we were on the hunt for dresses for myself and the other bridesmaid but she wasn't due to arrive in Darwin until midnight on Thursday!
So by Thursday we had found shoes and dresses and bought that "sucky in" underwear which promptly made me look like I had extra breasts coming out of my armpits!
*snort*
Friday morning we return said dresses and Karen and I find new dresses and new shoes(which made our feet look beautiful!). Breathing a sigh of relief, we sit at Moorish (for like the 10th time that week!) and have a drink and something to eat when we receive a call from the drycleaners to say that Kerry's dress has been ruined and we needed to get there asap to see it.
Off we go and even though everyone else is kind of happy with the dress, I wasn't and called Epiphany, to see if we could get another the same. She had none in stock but bless her for calling around and arranging one to be flown in from Melbourne overnight. Yes, it was Friday and she was getting married the next day but had no dress! Start to breathe easy again until I answer my phone and its Lori, telling me she is in labour!
Off I go again and after hanging around for a little while head out to the rehearsal at the church. Karen has this great idea, she wants to walk the aisle in our pretty shoes because it is a very big church and a very long aisle and we had very high shoes. OMG, after walking the aisle and standing there listening to the priest, we were over the shoes!
Karen says, but look how pretty our feet are!
*snigger*
I headed off to dinner with the rellies and then went back to Lori's house to hear how Fletch had funnily stopped her labour. (don't worry Lori, I wont go into details! ROFL!) So back to the hotel room for some sleep, well that is what I thought but no, we had this gaggle of women arrive at the door and didn't/wouldn't leave until after midnight. I did manage to get 5 hours in though.
*sigh*
Saturday.....a lovely phone call at 6am from Lori who was currently 4 mins apart, so up I get and off I take. My morning was a mix of excitement and a heap of text messages made to various people because of what I was meant to be organising that morning and the impending arrival of Miss Rosey. I also was meant to be doing the hair but gave Karen some lessons in that.
Dress was picked up and altered, flowers arrived and cars were told the new arrival times. Make up lady was also told to stay back until I got there. 12:15 and Lori pretty much orders me out or I will miss the wedding, therefore meaning missing the birth.
End result though, we all look beautiful and again Karen tells me how pretty our shoes look! ;)
to be continued........
1 comment:
Eh, you see one birth, you've seen them all, right? You pretty much know how it's going to end, at any rate. ;) And anyway, how many times is your sister going to get married? Wait, that sounded bad... I just meant, you can't miss THAT!
Post a Comment